Resen, the town of apples, is located in the southwestern part of the hilly scenic valley of Prespa. It is surrounded by Mt. Baba in the east, Galicica in the west, and Bitola in the north. It is 198 km away from the capital and has a population of 16,825. The town of Resen was first mentioned in 1337 as a mediaeval settlement under the name of Rosne. The transformation of this mainly rural settlement began in the 18th century with the development of crafts, and by the 19th century Resen had become a city settlement with a rich market.